Welcome to Unidos Judo Clubs!
If you're interested in judo, Unidos Judo Clubs is interested in you!
Judo is a competitive martial art that uses throws, hold-downs, chokes, and arm-locks. It is descended from Jujitsu, and was developed by Dr. Jigoro Kano in 1882 and continually refined ever since. Judo has been an Olympic sport since 1964. Roughly translated, "judo" means "the gentle way."
Here's what we think makes judo fun and cool and different:
- Judo classes are suitable for all ages, sizes, and genders. It doesn't matter what you weigh or how old you are. Judo techniques emphasize skill over force, so men, women, and children of all sizes can become capable judo players.
- Judo is standardized. Because judo is an international sport, its rules apply worldwide. You can work out and have your rank recognized everywhere you go.
- Judo emphasizes safety. There are no kicks, strikes, or blows in judo. Rules are designed to minimize danger to the student and players. Beginners are taught to fall safely. Practice sessions begin with warm-up exercises.
- Judo has competition. Tournaments held several times a year let students of all ages and levels match their skills against equal opponents in a safe, fun environment. Competition is not required for promotion; however, participation helps prepare students to use judo techniques in real-life self-defense situations.
And, here's what we think makes Unidos Judo Clubs fun and cool and different:
- Relaxed environment. Students are free to progress at their own pace. For kids, that means more fun, with a focus on fitness and safety. For adults, that means there's no pressure to advance. We think judo should be fun!
- Quality instruction. Our founder Jesse Jones was a 9th degree black belt. Head Sensei Mark Hays is a 5th degree black belt. Sensei Jenifer Leith-Beckett is a 4th degree black belt. All instructors are nationally certified. We are a designated Amber Watch training club.
- More workout opportunities. Join one Unidos Judo Club, and you can work out or attend judo class at any Unidos dojo. Currently, there are two dojos: South Clairemont and Tijuana, Mexico.
- Low price! Unidos Judo Clubs make full use of public facilities, so your costs are low. Rates may vary by location.
Your first judo class is FREE!
Come join us - see our judo training schedule for our next class. Wear loose, comfortable clothes (sweats are ideal).
Need more information? Call Sensei Mark Hays at (619) 596-6759
Locations and Schedules
San Diego - South Clairemont Rec Center
3605 Clairemont Drive
San Diego, CA 92117
Monday 5:30 pm to 6:45 pm
Saturday 10:00 am to 12:00 noon
$40 per person per month, due by the second class each month, paid to the South Clairemont Rec Center. All payments must be made online at SDRecConnect.com. No on-site payments will be accepted. Effective September 8, 2015, the city's new outsourced payment processor will charge fees of $2 per transaction plus 3%. Click here for step-by-step instructions on using the City's online registration system.
Tijuana, Mexico - Acuario Fitness Center
Back to the top of the page
Paseo Ensenada & Paseo Pedregal St.
Playas de Tijuana, BC, Mexico 22206
Monday and Wednesday 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm
Thursday 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Instructor: Eleazar Garcia (Unidos, Red Dragons)
© Unidos Judo Clubs™ Contents may not be copied or reproduced Website maintained by John Kuraoka